Active Women Association is a non-governmental, non-profit organization that has been operating locally, regionally and internationally since 2002.
Our mission is to promote equality, social inclusion, civic participation and democratic development. We want everyone – regardless of gender, age, religion, nationality and social situation – to have chances and opportunities to realize their full potential. We want everybody to have access to education and career opportunities, power, resources and happiness.
We want to counteract stereotypes, prejudices, social exclusion and pathologies. We protect human rights. We believe that the freedom to decide about one’s life and make one’s own choices belongs to all people. We work to prevent violence, especially against women, girls, children and the elderly. Did you know that there are places in the world where as many as 90% of women experience physical, mental or economic violence?
We coordinate several European Solidarity Corps projects based on non-formal education, in different Polish cities:
- Alternative education in democratic schools
- Solidarity Arts in Sokołowsko
- Activity with fewer opportunities youth in special needs schools
Projects are dedicated for youth between 18 and 30 years old Europeans, residents of European Union and EU neighbouring countries.
Participants of the project will work 30-38 hours per week in democratic school, special needs school or artistic centre. Examples of tasks include:
- taking active part in a daily life of the School or the Artistic Centre
- organization of active and creative activities in accordance with personal skills, interests and passions using non – formal methods
- In the Schools: co-organization and participating in outdoor events support to the educators in taking care of the kids
- In the Arts Centre: co-organization of exhibitions, performances, festivals, workshops, bookshop, cinema (within it, the work on the archive of the famous director Kieślowski), cultural and artistic events
- creating own educational/art projects which are part of an volunteers’ learning process
- organization and supporting school or artistic centre promotional projects in the local community
- organization of non-formal educational activities in english and mother tongue of participant
For each participant of the project we provide:
– an accomodation in a volunteer’s shared apartments in the city of the project /Sosnowiec, Łódź, Warszawa, Szczecin, Bielsko-Biała, Kraków, Sokołowsko/
– monthly pocket money /120 euro/ and food allowance /130 euro/
– reimbursement of travel costs /home country- Poland and return/
– local transportation card in the city of the project
– health insurance
– Polish language course
– YouthPass Certificate- a document which describes all new competences and skills gained during the project
Find more information in the Infopack and, if you are interested in joining us, please fill up the application form which you can find there: http://eks.aktywnekobiety.org.pl/offers/